Tuesday, March 24, 2009

New Toys for Maddox

Maddox has some new toys he has come in contact with. He got a trike from Grandma and Grandpa Sneck. At first he just loved to push it around, but now he likes to ride it and steer. He will steer from one end of the house to the other and often steers around the parking lot outside. He loves it, but he especially loved the box the trike came it. That was the best. I am sad I didn't get any pictures of him playing in it, but he would go in and hide and then come out and we would chase him around. It was a blast.

Maddox also loves to stir. He is obsessed with my kitchen spoons and whenever I am in the kitchen, he wants to be up on the counter stirring or watching whatever I am doing. If anyone ever needs to buy me a present someday, I am in need of more wooden spoons! They are quickly disappearing...maybe someday I will find his stash.

Maddox loves boxes right now. Any box at all. He tries to climb in them and put things in them. Here is Jeff climbing out of the giant trike box. Maddox also liked when he would go in there and then bust out and chase after him.
Maddox loves computers, especially Brian's laptop. He frequents the power button. Seriously, whoever invented computers should NOT have invented computer power buttons with pretty lights! That just shouts push me to a kid!
This in one of my favorite looks Maddox does. He loves the couch and loves to climb on it and jump. Then he will just sit there with this smug look on his face like, "I am the king of the world."

And he is the king of his world...and ours too. He loves the light switches and has learned which one turns on the fan. If you are ever at out house, please remember to bring a jacket because the fan is always going. If I turn it off, Maddox climbs back up onto the couch and turns it back on. He also loves to touch the fan blades (when it is off, of course!).The following pictures show Maddox's obsession with toilet paper. He loves to tear off pieces and distribute it throughout the house. He recently found a new use for toilet paper as a fashion statement. He would drape it around his neck and run around the house with it.
The bike pump. This toy it amazing! Every kid should have one. As you can tell, it gives them a workout and tires them out for a good nap later AND it entertains them!

Notice none of these new toys are really toys...

4 comments:

Robert, Jeana, and Brooke said...

He is just getting so big and is so adorable. I love how creative kids and resourceful kids are. Thanks for posting all the photos.

El Chambon said...

So, the one pic with him stirring. It looks like he's got Jeff's hair. And then the picture of him walking with the toilet paper, that looks like it should be a children's book story.

Dane, Delyse, and Hazel Lynn said...

How adorable is he!!! Man he's cute. Not as cute as Hazel but I'm a little partial. (:
I had to laugh reading the post as Hazel loves lap tops, boxes, stiring, getting up on couches and chairs, and tissues too(well, pulling all the tissues out of the box). How fun! miss you and love you!

Unknown said...

I love these pictures! He is getting so big. I feel like I'm missing out on so much. love you and miss you.