Sunday, March 8, 2009

A couple of firsts

Can I just say that I LOVE BEANS!!! After a year of being on this special diet to help me control a health issue and not having ANY complex carbs (yes, that means no bread, rice, sugar, or grain-based anything), yesterday was the first day I go to eat something that was filling...beans! I was in heaven and am in heaven still today. I actually look forward to eating! I made this delicious white bean chili. It was amazing!

Another first I experienced was forgetting about daylight savings time. No one in my little world even mentioned it to me, so this morning Jeff and I were getting ready for our 9 am church. At about 8:20 Brian, my brother, reminded us it was day light savings time. We both felt bad and hurried our way to church.

As we drove over a little hill we saw the church parking lot full. I told Jeff, "I guess we are the only people who forgot about day light savings time." We then drove into the parking lot and saw some familiar faces. Doug (Jeff's brother), Roz and the rest of the family had just pulled into the parking lot too. It looks like Day light saving got the best of all the Birds here in Lexington.

7 comments:

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

I only heard about day light savings from 1 person and if she hadn't said anything I would have had NO idea! So crazy. And, I'm SO happy that you found something you love eating :) That is a great thing to be able to eat!!! I'll pass on any good bean recipes I have.

The Johnson's said...

Yes dear, the day light saving threw us off too. In fact Nate and Sage didn't make it to church and the only reason I did is because I had to teach. We were all so sleepy. Oh well. We need to play. We are going out of town this weekend but how about next?

Amber said...

There were lots of people in our ward that were late today...I'm pretty sure because of day light savings. I'm not looking forward to it tomorrow morning. :( It will feel so early! But I am really glad that beans are a new love. Yeah!

Kira Jay said...

Pete and I were an hour late to church today because we had no clue it was day light savings. Neither of us had ever done that before. We totally missed sacrament meeting because of it.

Robert, Jeana, and Brooke said...

Congrats on the beans and the church story is hilarious!

Alyssa said...

This made me laugh! Daylight Savings did get the best of the Bird's! Thanks for cheering me up.

rozalyn said...

Oh yes, thank you for posting this too the world. : ) About the beans that is, not about us being an hour late to church!