Thursday, August 2, 2012

We Are Back

It has been awhile since I last posted, but I have a couple excuses, first being that the website would not let me post.  Second is that I am so busy with another baby!  Here are a couple family pics we just had done. 

Elynn Cecelia Bird was born January 27, 2012.  She was 7 lb. 3 oz. and 21 in. long.  I was induced with her at exactly 39 weeks.  I had not been feeling her move very much and something just didn't feel right.  When I went in for my appointment the doctor said she could break my water and induce me so I walked upstairs and started labor!  It was great and I am glad I did.  The cord was wrapped around her neck twice and I was low on fluid.  She is my only blue eyed baby and the sweetest, easiest, most chubby baby ever!  She is six months old and almost 19 lb.  I feel so blessed to have a "dud" for a baby finally!  She loves Maddox and is scared of Embree.  She is rolling all over the place and can sit with assistance.  Very far from Embree who was already crawling at six months and walking with push-along toys seven months.
 We live in Polson, Montana now and LOVE it!  Both Jeff and I are competing in triathlons now.  We just finished one in Missoula and Jeff and I are doing a full tri in a couple weeks.  Only I am cheating and doing a team.  My body just isn't quite ready for something so strenuous.  The kids love swimming in the lake, which is just down the hill from us and just playing.

 Maddox is a big boy now.  He is as big as his six year old friends, but is only four.  I have to keep reminding myself that he is still a little boy or a big toddler.   He loves riding his bike and jumping on the tramp and is learning to read.  Oh, and he is obsessed with the old school Super Mario Nintendo.
 Embree is a spitfire.  This is a perfect picture of her.  Very stubborn.  Wants to do everything by herself that I want to help her with and wants me to help her with everything I don't want to.  But she can be the sweetest girl too and loves to pretend she is a mom with her baby dolls. She keeps things exciting and is helping me realize I have a lot of growing to do.

8 comments:

Jeana Bird said...

We love you guys!

The Johnson's said...

OH my gosh, where did Embree go? She looks completely different than when you guys lived here. Both girls are so flippin cute and Maddox is such a big boy. Glad to see some part of you life!

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

You guys look great! Thanks for posting...so fun to see you. Good luck on your tri and I hope you can keep posting :)

melissa said...

What a beautiful family! Glad to hear you guys are doing well. And triathalons??!! Rock on with your bad selves!! :) Your children are so adorable. Look at you guys, all married and settled down with a family! Crazy what a few (or 7) years can do, eh?

Danica said...

Fun update - what a beautiful family, and a beautiful place to live! Take care. XOXO

Claudia said...

Your family is beautiful. Glad you are doing well! Congrats on the new addition!

Amber said...

Oh my word!!! Such cute pictures! I can't believe how big Embree and Maddox are. Way to go on the triathlons! I sure do miss you guys!

Corinda said...

I can't believe how big Maddox and Embree look. All your kids are so beautiful! And way to go on the triathlon-that is impressive! Have a great day!