Monday, July 13, 2009

It's a...

Girl!!! Yep, it really is. I was hoping for a boy so Maddox would have a brother to play with but now he will have a sister to beat up/tease and hopefully he will be more of a protector big brother at some point. Anyway, I am feeling a little more excited now. I have been very nervous about this baby and scared. Maddox was such a hard baby for me. From two months on he would never eat or drink anything. He still struggles with this but is just now starting to eat and drink on his own after we have had therapists work with him. I am terrified of getting another baby that hates eating and sleeping. All scared thoughts aside, though, I am still excited to have another baby; I just have more reservations this time around because I know how hard it has been for me. I do love motherhood, but I don't think that it has come that naturally for me. It has been very difficult and my biggest trial yet...and I think my next biggest trial is probably on the way, to be delivered right before Christmas! :) Or I should say, when I am being positive and not scared, that it is a blessing because babies are also blessings and Maddox has been a blessing. Funny that our biggest blessings often come from our biggest trials.

11 comments:

The Spanns said...

Congratulations! And I ditto all that you said - I can't say motherhood has always been a walk in the park for me - I dont think anyone can quite prepare you for just how hard it can be! But, it is the biggest blessing in my life at the same time. I think most mother's feel this way, just not everyone is as honest about it and so I appreciate those who are! I am sure baby #2 will be wonderful and you will be blessed for bringing another life into the world! How exciting to have a girl!

Julie Williams said...

Congrats!!!

Danica said...

Congrats!!!!

Grant and Taryn Layton said...

Yeah!!! Girls are the best :) She's going to be so cute!

Heather said...

Congrats! Little girls are so much fun (and if it makes you feel better, my girl was leaps and bounds easier than my boy!) I hope you are feel well!

Romney Family said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys!!! Girls are so much fun. At least you'll have one of each, which is what I was excited about with my kids.

Amber said...

Yahoo! I'm very happy for you guys. I agree with the Spanns' comment...I definitely feel like being a mother is the hardest thing I've had to do. It's great, but it can be a trial too. But honestly, I think you are a fantastic mom, and you'll do great with this new little girl!

El Chambon said...

HEH CONGRATS GUYS!!!!!

Esther said...

Wow! Congratulations!

Claudia said...

Congratulations! I hope you love having a girl! Any names picked out yet?

Smiths said...

Melea!! I finally got on to blog and You are pregnant with a sweet little girl! oh my goodness...CONGRATS! I'm so happy for you! We need to catch up. I hope ya'll are are doing wonderful!!!