Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Playground Time

Jeff and I live right next to a huge park and have never taken Maddox there. One nice fall day we decided to venture over and see how Maddox liked the playground. I think Jeff and I enjoyed it far more than Maddox. It is so fun seeing your kids experience their firsts, even if they don't enjoy it as much as you would like.

Here are Maddox and I going down the slide. He really didn't know what to think of it. I think we got a half smile out of him. He is so observant and cautious.
Even when we put him in the grass, he just sits there and doesn't move, but tries to NOT touch the grass as much as possible. You can see by him lifting his leg and holding his hands up that he doesn't like it. Silly boy!

We also tried out the swings while we were there. I think this was the only smile we got out of him. Seconds later, he started fussing and reaching for us to get out.We tried to put him back in, but you can see he clung on to Jeff for dear life. There was no way he was getting back in that scary swing! I love how his legs are stiff and straight. He would flail them outwards so we couldn't put him in.

2 comments:

Esther said...

Cute pictures. That's funny he disliked the swing so much. Every new picture I see of him, he looks more grown up. He will be walking before you know it! He is such a little stud!

The Johnson's said...

I hear the age he is at, is "the" age. My sister in Laws little girl is just a little older than him and she said she just adores her baby being able to crawl and walk and express her emotions. Looks like Maddox was a little emotionless that day. Oh well, you'll get more smiles out of him soon.